1. Back To School Bash- The idea is basically to do a one night event to kick the school year off with music, games, food, and maybe even some giveaways. This gives your students an easy way to invite their friends to church. Now, I do want to say that events are not always the best idea but this time of year something like this usually works really well. I will say though that if you are going to do this even then do it right.
- Share the Gospel- What's the point of students coming if they do not hear about Jesus? Make sure the Gospel is shared.
- Make sure students get connected- Make sure your students and leaders understand the goal is to get students to meet Christ and connect with your ministry. Then put things in place to make sure that happens.
- Get the word out.- Canvas neighborhoods, put up flyers, do whatever it takes to make sure students know that this is going on.
2. Service Day- Another idea is just to go out and look for opportunities to serve in your surrounding community. You could basically say that your ministry wants to be different this year and ask people if there is any way that you can serve them.
3. Prayer Night- This may be the simplest and most powerful. Have a nigh with no games, no candy, no frills, and just pray. Pray for lost friends, pray for schools, pray for families, pray for your church, pray for your ministry, pray for anything you can think of. Then see what God does in the coming year.
These are just some ideas that have worked for us. I am sure that you can find others. But mainly make sure that you take advantage of this time of year as an opportunity to relaunch your ministry and move towards even bigger things this coming year.